Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Getting Started

So here it is...my blog. Over the past few years, I have come to discover that cooking is my passion, what I was meant to do in life. I have come up with countless original recipes, started my own catering business, made an *actual* wedding cake (I'm still in awe of myself over that one), and started down the road of becoming a chef, of making my passion my vocation. Right now, I work full time in support of major gift fundraising at a local university, and my business, Sara's Kitchen, is what I do in my "spare time." But hopefully, when the hubby (from here on known as Psycling) is done with grad school and we go where ever we go next, I will be able to make Sara's Kitchen my full time job, and have more time for my hobbies...that's where the knitting comes in. I love to knit, quilt, scrapbook, and do other craftsy sort of things...though those have had to take a backseat recently to the business. But I still manage to get some projects going...So I hope you'll enjoy this little peek into my life. Try my recipes and let me know what you think...perhaps you'll see your name in print sometime in the acknowledgements section of my future cookbooks :-) And I'll try to make sure there's enough knitting content as well so you knitaphiles will keep coming back. So with that, welcome to Whisks and Needles.