Friday, August 24, 2007

Chocoholic's Paradise

I recently discovered a wonderful recipe for Chocoholics everywhere. I decided to make it for a picnic, and I was not disappointed!



While getting the chocolate ready for the frosting on the chocolate malt cake, I noticed that there were recipes inside the Ghirardelli chocolate wrappers. I would highly encourage you to go out and buy 2 bars of semi-sweet Ghirardelli chocolate and a bag of bittersweet chocolate chips and try the recipe on the inside of the wrapper.

Ghirardelli Double Chocolate Cookies
2 4-oz bars Ghirardelli Semi-Sweet Chocolate baking bars, broken into 1" pieces
3/4 c. brown sugar, packed
1/4 c. butter, softened
2 eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 c. flour
1 c. Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Chips
2 c. walnuts, chopped (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Melt Semi-sweet chocolate according to melting instructions. Stir in sugar, butter, eggs, and vanilla.
3. In a separate bowl, stir flour with baking powder. Add flour mixture to chocolate mixture, mixing well. Fold in chocoalte chips and nuts.
4. Drop by 1/4 c. onto ingreased baking sheet. Bake for 12-14 minutes. Cool 1 minute on baking sheet; remove to wire cooling rack.



This recipe makes a rich, dense, chewy, fudgy cookie. Almost brownie-like. Definitely great for chocoholics like Psycling and me.

Cooks Notes: I made these smaller than the 1/4 c. drops than suggested. I also made a double batch...one with nuts, one without. They were both good! We also discovered that these cookies are even better the second day! And I recommend enjoying them with a tall glass of milk!