Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Fulfilled

There are very few things in life that make me happier than providing a delicious and nutritious meal for Psycling and I to enjoy together. Tonight, our Spiced Salmon with Roasted Red Pepper and Tomatillo sauce and a broccoli bake fit that bill. I have been making an effort to ensure we have a good vegetable side with our dinners (some days I'm more successful than others). For a while, I just made a basic green salad every day, but I was starting to get bored with that. So I decided I would just pick up some fresh veggies that looked good and were in season when I was at the Farmer's market, and then figure out something to do with them. This week, I picked up some nice looking broccoli. Thanks to the wonders of the internet, about five minutes of searching was about all I needed to find the inspiration for this yummy side dish.

Broccoli Parmesan Bake
1 head of broccoli, cut into florets
1/4 c. bread crumbs
3 Tbs. grated parmesan cheese
1 1/2 Tsp. dried oregano

1. Preheat oven to 375
2. Steam Broccoli until crisp-tender, just a couple of minutes. Place in small casserole dish.
3. Mix together bread crumbs, cheese, and oregano. Sprinkle over top of broccoli. Bake at 375 for about 15 minutes, or until crumbs start to brown.

I had some left over fresh oregano that I chopped up and sprinkled on top for a garnish.

After making this, I had some leftover bread crumb mixture. I put it in the fridge, and I have a hunch it will make it's way onto some chicken for dinner later this week.

I apologize for the lack of pictures...it's amazing how life can run away with you. But I hope for a WIP post soon with lots of photos to make up for the sad lack of visual stimulation recently.