Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Seraphim is ready to fly!

So here it is, my first FO of the blog! The Canyon Angel Seraphm Shawl is done and blocked! Just in time for the cooler weather.



Pattern: This is the Seraphim pattern from Miriam Felton.
Yarn: Malabrigo lace weight, double stranded, Sealing Wax colorway.
Needles: Addi Turbos size 5, 25" circulars
Modifications: I didn't make any modifications though there are a few unintentional "design features." But they are so minor that it would be hard to spot them, even if you were looking for them.



I love the lace detail on this shawl! Once I got the hang of it, it was a very easy pattern. It made for a great introduction to lace knitting. There is just enough interest to keep your brain intrigued, but nothing too complex and complicated.



I've loved kintting this shawl. I'm going to miss having it on the needles. But I love having such a wonderful FO to show off!